Hello my friends, today I am going to show you everything about Legendary cards in Clash Royale. You will easily see the best use of them as well as which one is the best for your current deck. This deck is very useful If you are about to buy one from the Shop.
Choose the best Legendary Card for your deck!
Before talking about our Legendary cards, here is some basic tips for you:
- Don’t try to switch decks and build decks because of the Legendary you want to use. Instead, buy the one which fits your deck well. For example, If you are very good at using Royal Giant, it’s better to wait and buy either Princess, Ice Wizard or Lumberjack than to buy the Lava Hound. But, anyway, sometimes it’s totally worth it to build the whole new deck based on a Legendary card. For example, If you really love the high risk high reward Sparky deck, build a deck about her. It’s all up to you.
- What is the Legendary which fits my archetype best?
- How many Legendary cards do you really need? Remember that the more Legendary cards you have, the harder it will be to improve your deck level.
- Think twice before purchasing the Legendary card. Don’t spend 40,000 Gold for the Legendary which shows up first If you don’t really know how it fits your deck.
- There are 2 main methods to save for a Legendary. First, If you are able to buy Gem, get the 2,000 Gem Pack, which immediately gives you 40k Gold and 500 more Gems to create a Tournament. The second one is to save Gold by donating cards and opening chests.
It usually takes up to 3 weeks to save 40,000k Gold, but this is truly not a big deal at all because personally I still enjoy the game without Legendary cards. Take a look at here to see more about the second method!
Now, let’s move to the main part of the guide today. The list above orders all the Legendary cards in Clash Royale from the best one to the worst one in term of purchase and variable. This is just my personal list and my opinions. Feel free to share your your opinions below to help us improve the quality of the guide. Also, don’t buy the first card below because it is the best one. Maybe it doesn’t fit your deck very well!
The Best Legendary Cards in Clash Royale
Despite the radius nerf from the previous update, IMHO Princess is well balanced now due to her Elixir cost and her versatility. She is still the best Legendary in Clash Royale and the most versatile one so far. Princess is definitely the best choice If you are still undecided on which one to buy. She rarely doesn’t work in almost any deck.
- Pros: Chips away Towers, baits Spells, snipes opponent’s Princesses, clears hordes, forces your opponent to respond (especially when you are having the Elixir advantage), supports your pushes…
- Cons: Killed by Zap proportionally 3 levels higher so you will want to level up her to level 2 as soon as possible. Easily countered by Miner. Dies to spell like Arrows and Poison so you need a lot of practices to drop her in the right positions.
There are sooo many ways to use the Princess. There are also tons of decks which require her to make the most. Ice Wizard is also very versatile but he is not good when stand alone, he can’t do many things as the Princess can.
The second slot should be Miner. The most loved and hated troop in Clash Royale.
The only with him is that he requires players to build the decks slightly around him. He is usually the primary winning conditions in his decks. Eventually, you will need to level up him.
Despite these disadvantages, hands down Miner decks are very strong, pretty easy to play. Also, Miner can also easily fit some decks strange decks (Hog Rider, Royal Giant, Sparky…). He is pretty versatile.
- Pros: Counters Princess, counters Elixir Collector, chips away Tower continuously, semi-counter Musketeer/Ice Wizard, forces opponents to deal with him while your troops coming towards the Tower, finishes off Towers, provides the psychological mind game, works well as a support card, has good HP per Elixir.
- Cons: Needs to be leveled up soon If Miner is the primary winning condition, easier to counter now. Opponents can also easily get the draw matches since most Miner decks only offer the 1-0 Victory.
I know that lots of you will criticize my decision to place him at the 3rd position. Needless to say, Ice Wizard is definitely a great card. But, I place him at the third position due to the fact that he isn’t as versatile as Princess/Miner while standing alone.
Miner could be excellent at either support position or winning condition. Princess can easily deal lots of damage to the opponent Tower when left alone. Ice Wizard is a great support but can’t be a winning condition. Ice Wizard makes the most use of many decks but there are also others where Princess is just better due to her versatility. Princess is better but Ice Wizard is still extremely useful!
- Pros: Slow down enemies, is excellent on defense and counterpush, works well for cycling, has nice HP for only 3 Elixir, he is so hard to take out, works well against most air troops, works well against slow-push decks, works well against Hog Rider, works well with Hog Rider/P.E.K.K.A Double Prince/Royal Giant/…
- Cons: He can’t fulfill many roles, doesn’t do much damage, doesn’t bait out spells, has short attack range.
Still, one of the best Legendary cards. He fits so many decks extremely well and can be used as a defensive building.
Due to Lumberjack’s higher versatility compared to the left ones, I decided to give him the 4th position. Anyway, we still don’t know how really his strength is because many players don’t have him leveled up, many are still testing him. For now, Lumberjack is a excellent substitution for the Mini P.E.K.K.A in so many decks.
- Pros: Does great damage against tankers If you can protect him; does nice damage to swarms due to his insane attack speed; works very well for counterpush as all we need is his Rage effect; works well with so many cards such as Giant, Hog Rider, Musketeer, Mini P.E.K.K.A… any card which gains the benefit from his Rage effect; works very well at dealing with Hog Rider and Miner.
- Cons: Needs to be leveled up (harder than leveling up Barbarians and Musketeer); does not work well against Mini P.E.K.K.A on defense.
In short, he could be much better because people are still figuring out. He is a great choice for both offense and defense, as the replacement for Mini P.E.K.K.A.
The Lava Hound is pretty underrated nowadays due to people not figuring out how strong he is.
I decided to place him lower on the list because we need to build the decks around him. He also doesn’t work well against every opponent because everything is based on how many spells and air defensive units your opponent has. Also, he really needs the Pumps up and the huge Elixir advantage. Since he is quite hard to play, I still consider Lava Hound a good card If you like playing with tankers.
- Pros: He is harder to counter than Golem/Giant as he is an air troop; Has insane HP and spawns Lava Pups when dead; Works well with air-beatdown decks because lots players don’t have enough air defensive units; works consistently as the primary winning condition If you build the deck around him; Lava Pups deals insane damage If you can bait out spells and splash defensive units; Works well with Miner, Princess and Lumberjack.
- Cons: Players need to build the deck around him; high Elixir cost; has very small damage; can be easily countered by the Inferno Tower; high level Zap can 1 shoot Lava Pups.
Right now, Lava Hound is probably situationally stronger in tournaments as most Tournaments players are running safe 1-0 control decks.
Lava Hound is not a versatile Legendary card but very strong! If you like slow-push deck, you will love him!
- Pros – Knocks back all ground units, making defending much better; completely counters Princess (positive Elixir trade); works well with decks which are weak against Princess and swarms;
- Cons – Needs to be leveled up to deal with higher level Princess; nor versatile as Zap or Princess.
The Log is not useless at all. We just don’t know its strength and potential yet. I have seen lots of players using The Log in Tournaments with success. It’s totally worth it If you know that The Log fits your deck well.
Sparky is the card which literally doesn’t offer too much versatility. She is the most high risk high reward card in Clash Royale. Although 3 Musketeers card costs a lot more Elixir, they are not as high risk as the Sparky, they even offer more consistent wins.
The problem with her and the reason she is the last card in this list is the fact that she is very situational and volatile. She also doesn’t fit many players’ preferences .
Sparky is probably fine on the ladder but you shouldn’t use her in the Tournaments. We also don’t see her much in the Leaderboards due to how high risk she is. This makes her unsuitable in competitive matches.
- Pros: Her insane damage punishes every mistake; works well on defense If get protected; nice damage radius; sometimes works well with Zap bait decks; can be the surprising part; forces opponents to defend; works well against most inexperienced players.
- Cons: Doesn’t work well in Tournaments; has lots of cheap counters; inconsistent and volatile; easy to be countered; weak to rocket and Lightning.
Anyway, it’s totally worth it to purchase her If you enjoy playing high risk high reward decks. It’s pretty fun to play with her actually.
Don’t hesitate to share your opinions since this is just my personal list.
Shared by Riddle0219.