Hi guys, Sean7391 here with you today, and I will be sharing an amazing Giant Witch Poison Deck for Arena 5+ that helped me get from 1400 to 1800 trophies in about an hour! My friend used this deck and made it to Royal Arena easily too! I haven’t played recently, as I am on vacation, but I do believe you could push to Legendary Arena with the deck!
Giant Witch Poison Deck for Arena 5+
Giant: Is what the whole deck is based around. It is used as the tank and is the main damage dealer. Also, use this card in the final seconds to soak up damage from the opponent if they try to build a push.
Witch: What is mostly paired with the Giant. It has great splash and is great against spammy, large groups of low-health troops. The Skeletons she spawns are great for dealing with Princes, Mini P.E.K.K.A, Giant and Hog Rider.
Poison: Great on both offense and defense. It quickly clears all low health troops in its radius and slows down more tanky troops and weakens them in the process.
Musketeer: Great support damage dealer, and is deadly when paired with a tank. She helps deal with many troops, like the Baby Dragon, Balloon… She also chips away tankier troops. Placing her behind the tower to help stop a push can give you an elixir profit. She also outrange Cannons.
Spear Goblins: One of the most versatile cards in the game. They are great support troops and can chip away at a tower. I also place them in the center to drag mini pekkas and princes.
Skeletons: Are also very useful for their cost of one elixir – they can take down a Mini P.E.K.K.A for the profit of 3 elixir if you place them properly. The can drag troops to get more chip off of a tanky troop if you have support troops further back. Anyway you can replace Skeletons with Ice Spirit, which also costs only 1 Elixir.
Fireball: This alone can stop spammy pushes and is great against Minion Hordes, Barbs, and any other troops if you are pushing and you don’t have the Poison in hand. They also help you get clutch victories, as they do direct damage to crown Towers. Please take a look at here to see more details about the Fireball!
Valkyrie: Is one of the best cards in the game. She is pretty tanky and has a powerful splash that can clear many support troops. Use her with your support troops to create a fatal combo!
Note: I didn’t talk much about combos above, but I will get there! Keep on reading!
General Game Plan:
At the start, if you have Giant, Witch, and Poison in your hand, I generally like to start a push by placing the Giant in the back and adding the witch and poison later. This can be risky, however, but it works a lot. Know what you are doing. If you don’t have one of those in your starting hand, I like to let the opponent play first and then counter what he uses for a positive elixir trade.
If he plays first at the beginning, and you counter, then keep countering until you have enough of an elixir advantage to make a push. Once double elixir comes, try to not let them start many pushes and keep pressure on the opponent. I like to build as many pushes as possible.
Here, I am sometimes able to build Witch + Giant + Poison + Musketeer + Spear Goblins from all of the positive elixir trades. If you make that combo, you have a guaranteed tower. A Valkyrie in front of the Giant is very useful too.
The best combos: (Parentheses show elixir cost of push)
- Valkyrie + Musketeer (8)
- Giant + Witch + Poison (14)
- Giant + Musketeer + Spear Goblins (11)
The Ultimate Combo (Double Elixir Time):
- Giant + Witch + Poison + Spear Goblins + Musketeer + Fireball (24)
- Skeletons in front of Spear Goblins
Counters: (Parentheses shows the positive elixir trade, no parentheses represents that it is hard to calculate or there is no positive elixir trade)
- Mini P.E.K.K.A, Prince, or Knight: Skeletons or Spear Goblins, in the middle, sometimes both (2 or 3, depending on which troop you are defending and if you are using only the skeletons, which only works against Mini P.E.K.K.A, or both skeletons and spear goblins)
- Valkyrie: Chip away from a distance with Spear Goblins or Musketeer (2)
- Giant Pushes: Drop Witch in back so she spawns more skeletons, then separate the support troop(s) with Valkyrie. Add support troops if needed.
- Pig Pushes: Valkyrie w/skeletons and Spear Goblins, sometimes Musketeer behind tower if you want to make a counter push.
- Giant Balloon: Witch and Musketeer to deal with Giant, Spear Goblins in back to deal with Balloon. Not really a positive elixir trade but worth it if you don’t want a tower down.
- Barbs: Fireball, then let tower finish them off. (1)
- Golem: I like to pressure the other side with a cheaper push, like Valkyrie + Musketeer. Or, if he has a push going, Valkyrie or Fireball the support troops and then use Witch, Skeletons, and Spear Goblins to take out the Golem.
- Minion Horde: Poison or Fireball (1)
- Inferno Tower, or other buildings: Try using the cheaper Musketeer/Valk combo to bait it out. Or, put the Witch in front of the Giant.
- Hog Freeze: Try to commit less troops, and/or bait the freeze.
So, there you have it. You might have a rough start, but afterwards, after playing it, you will get better! Last quick tip, try to practice the timing of your fireball or poison, for instance, when you have a push going (to defend against barbs, minion hordes of anything else)